Lucian is a founding partner of Mares/Danilescu/Mares. He has more than 15 years of practice, out of which 13 years he was a member of Zamfirescu Racoti Predoiu, being a partner with this law firm since 2007.
He handled aspects of complex deals and highly structured transactions in key energy sectors such as hydropower, thermoelectric energy, nuclear energy, oil and gas, petrochemicals, and most recent in renewable energy, wind power and solar.
Lucian has a wide-ranging transactional practice, specializing in mergers and acquisitions and commercial corporate for more than 15 years.
In addition, he was involved in all types of real estate projects, from office buildings, residential and logistic related projects to, more recently, port concessions, complex acquisitions and development of forest and agricultural land.
More recently Lucian rendered advice for significant projects regarding regulatory framework for port operations, ports management bodies, port developments, European port services legal environment, and port concessions.
Lucian rendered advice for significant financing transactions, while assisting clients in negotiating with governmental and international agencies as well as with banking corporations, such as World Bank, EBRD and IFC.
More about Lucian:
- OPERATORUL PORTUAR
- RETD S.A. (Athens, Greece – EDF Group)
- EDISON GROUP ITALY
- ELCEN (Electrocentrale Bucuresti S.A.)
- Romanian State (OPSPI)
- FORTIS GROUP
- CARPATCEMENT (HEIDELBERGCEMENT A.G. Group – Germany)
- CHIMICA GROUP
- TENDER GROUP
- ROMPETROL GROUP
- TENDER GROUP
- ATLANTIC OIL MARITIME
- JNFAI A/S
- LOSAN GROUP
- TAROM SA
- NAVROM SA
- TRANSPORT TRADE SERVICES (TTS)
- Representative matters
- COMVEX – providing legal assistance related to the green-field project of structuring, authorising, building and commissioning of an ultra supra critical cogeneration power plant of 2x500 MW (Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle – IGCC) of an estimated value of EURO 1.5 billion.
- OPERATORUL PORTUAR – general overall legal assistance regarding regulatory framework for port operations, ports management bodies, port developments, European port services legal environment, and port concessions.
- adidas - providing legal assistance with respect to the key real estate issues arising within the course of the activity.
- RETD S.A. (Athens, Greece – EDF Group) – € 300 million 150 MW wind farm projects.
- EDISON GROUP ITALY – selection procedure for CHPP Progresu – Bucharest and TPP Fantanele – Mures projects
- ELCEN (Electrocentrale Bucuresti S.A.) - Unirom Palas Project in a joint venture with Unit International Group Turkey.
- GAZPROM – privatization processes of Distrigaz Sud, Distrigaz Nord & Petrom.
- Romanian State (OPSPI) – privatization process of Termoelectrica Midia co-generation power plant.
- FORTIS GROUP – acquisition of Global Finance & Leasing, a Romanian leasing company.
- CARPATCEMENT (HEIDELBERGCEMENT A.G. Group – Germany) – merger of five companies, out of which three leading Romanian cement producers.
- TOPEX – acquisition of the majority package of shares by ROHDE & SCHWARZ.
- CHIMICA GROUP – corporate restructuring of a €35 million turnover group of companies.
- TENDER GROUP – acquisition of Jetran Aviation.
- ROMPETROL GROUP – privatization of Petromidia S.A., followed by the corporate restructuring project.
- TENDER GROUP – €17 million selling of the largest logging company in Romania, ATLAS GIP to Weatherford International.
- ATLANTIC OIL MARITIME – privatization of Santierul Naval Mangalia S.A., the main military shipyard in Romania.
- ROMFELT – development of € 100 million Doamna Ghica Plaza residential and commercial complex.
- JNFAI A/S – various acquisition processes of large areas of forestry, agriculture and vineyard land of more than 20,000 Ha.
- PELICAN – development of € 20 million Atlantis Residence residential and commercial complex.
- LOSAN GROUP – acquisition and concession of a large sized agricultural land (over 7,000 ha) located in Romania.
- TAROM SA – $78 million credit facility granted by EXIMBANK U.S.A. for the acquisition of two Boeing aircrafts.
- NAVROM SA – € 14 million credit facility from International Finance Corporation (IFC), for the purposes of fleet ships’ revamping.
- TRANSPORT TRADE SERVICES (TTS) – share convertible € 10 million loan from International Finance Corporation (IFC), the investment division of the World Bank.
- Memberships & Affiliations
- Bucharest Bar
- Romanian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Seminars & Publications
- Prior Experience
- Zamfirescu Racoti Predoiu 2007 – 2011, Partner
- Zamfirescu Racoti Predoiu 2005 – 2006, Senior Associate
- Racoti Predoiu & Asociatii 1999 – 2004, Senior Associate